One week more we bring you a new Friday Outfit. This week, we bring a profession that lovers of haute cuisine will admire: chefproffesion.
Today we show you quartz watches inspired by the doctor profession within other selected products.
A chef is a trained professional chef who masters all aspects of food preparation and who often specializes in a particular kitchen.
Before seeing the products chosen to complete your style, let's see some curiosities about the chef profession:
- The word chef is an expression of the French term chef de cuisine which means head chef. In French, the word chef comes from the Latin word caput, which means head, and it matches the English term chef, which means boss.
- In English, the title chef in the culinary profession had its origin in the haute cuisine of the nineteenth century.
- The standard uniform for a chef includes a hat, tie, double breasted jacket, apron and shoes with steel or plastic toecap.
- The crossed jacket worn by the chef is usually white to show the chef's cleanliness and is made of a material that repels the heat, and has double breaststroke to avoid serious injuries from burns.
- The chef hat was originally designed as a tall wavy hat called Dodin Bouffant. The Dodin Bouffant had 101 waves representing the 101 ways in which the chef could prepare the eggs.
- Within the kitchens, there is a hierarchy based on the Culinary Guide of the French chef Auguste Escoffier, who defined the different ranges that could be performed.
- The profession of chef is very demanding. The chefs work when others rest, with marathon days of about 16 hours a day. It is also necessary to have a daily control and care of the details.
Below you will see some of the quartz watches that we have chosen for this blog along with the rest of the products in the image.